Learn About Our Admissions
Marygrove College will REQUEST and PAY for your transcripts when you complete and sign the Transcript Release form that is part of the application process.
FREE EVALUATION OF TRANSFER CREDIT FOR ONLINE PROGRAMS
Training, Academy, Military, and College credits will be evaluated for transfer credit. When you submit the application for admission, you will indicate which organizations you want evaluated for transfer credit.
Marygrove College accepts a maximum of 90 credit hours if transferring from a 4-year institution or a maximum of 60 credit hours if transferring from a 2-year institution. A student must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours with Marygrove College.
Military courses approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) will be evaluated for transfer credit.
TRAINING ACADEMY CREDIT
Students in the online programs may earn a maximum of 16 credit hours for completion of applicable training academy programs provided by one of the following institutions:
- FBI National Academy
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, FLETC
- National Academy of Criminal Justice
- National Fire Academy
- Detroit Metro. Police Academy
- Oakland Police Academy
- Wayne County Regional Police Training Academy
- Michigan State Police Training Academy
- Mott Community College Law Enforcement Regional Training Academy
- Delta Police Academy at Delta College
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU), CERTIFIED LAW ENFORCEMENT EXECUTIVE (CLEE) TRAINING, AND YEARS OF SERVICE CREDIT
Students in the online programs may earn a maximum of 10 credit hours for completion of applicable continuing education and training programs and a maximum of 4 credit hours for years of service. Training records for CEU’s and CLEE’s will be evaluated for transfer credit if your training officer sends a statement on official department letterhead with the courses listed and course descriptions for each. Copies of training certificates are NOT accepted. This statement can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Online Admissions, 8425 W. McNichols Road, Detroit, MI 48221.
- A maximum of 10 credit hours can be awarded for advanced training.
- 1-4 credit hours can be awarded for years of service.
- One credit hour will be awarded for one year of service.
- Two credit hours will be awarded for two years of service.
- Three credit hours will be awarded for three years of service.
- Four credit hours will be awarded for four or more years of service.